Resources for Students

Getting support from your college if you have ADHD

Colleges may offer support for students with disabilities, such as ADHD. These services are usually separate from student counseling centers or campus medical centers.

You may or may not choose to disclose your ADHD to your college. If you do, before entering college you will need to apply for these services. Colleges generally require a recent assessment, copies of your 504 or IEP plan, and accommodations requested. Look on your college’s Web site to find the application. By law colleges and universities receiving any federal funding must provide "reasonable accommodations" for students with disabilities, but the existence and level of services varies widely from college to college.

Help may include:

  • Early course selection
  • Extended time for tests
  • Test taking in a quiet environment

Get apps, tips and tools for getting organized, managing time and prioritizing

Learn more 

Where can I sign up for ADHD tips and resources?

Start here